Thursday, May 10, 2012
2:14 am | Edit Post
Fleur Kelinza originally based her designs in the UK. She launched her designs in Malta tonight at the Corinthia Hotel & Spa in Attard. Inspired by both the UK and Malta, one doesn't quite need to be a Sherlock to realise her designs are as diverse as are her roots.
The designs had their share of the traditional British colour pallete - mainly pastels and lighter colours. However when here in Malta, in her own words, the designer spent moments looking out at the sea for inspiration which may have inspired the mermaid-like nature of some of the dresses. The general vibe was an elegant one, with the choice of fabric varying from one piece to the next - satin, lace, tulle, crepe and organza and sometimes even sequinned fabric. The white feathers and sequin combination had a Marchesa and Ralph Lauren flare to it. Fascinators were a recurring piece in the collection, often taking the form of mini-hats.
Have your saycomments powered by Disqus
fashosophy [ˈfæʃɑsfiː] n.
1 the musings of a girl;
2 a fashionable glance at the world.
3 a love for fashion
- December (1)
- November (9)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (13)
- Exam-Ready Outfits for Stress-Free Mornings
- Wardrobe Basics #1 - the white shirt
- catching up // five things
- the unrandom randomly discussed.
- outfit post - the city effect.
- More on the Malta Fashion Awards 
- FW Day 7 - The Malta Fashion Awards
- Maltese & Russian Designers Show - Malta FW Day 6
- outfit post - the morning after
- Upcoming Designers Show - Malta FW Day 5
- Fleur Kelinza Show - FW Day 4
- Malta FW Day 3 - Theatrical & Period Costumes Show...
- Outfit post - Malta FW day 2
- Malta FW Day 2 - Charles & Ron AW12/13 So Hot, So ...
- Pronovias Bridal Show Malta FW Day 1
- The Goodies
- Malta FW 2012 - the Launch & the Exhibition
- The Givenchy Graphic Prints
- outfit post - jewelled up
- April (12)
- March (16)
- February (18)
- January (16)
© TIZIANA GAUCI 2011. Powered by Blogger.