Designer - from Left to right - Dannijo; Gianfranco Ferre'; Armani; Dior; Lanvin; Kara Ross; Herve' Van Der Straeten; Kara RossHigh Street: - from left to right - ASOS Statement Wooden Discs Necklace with Contrast Marbled Effect; Oasis Norma Necklace; ASOS Statement Spikes Bib Necklace; Mango Necklace; Second Row: French Connection; Accessorize; Angie Gooderham; ASOS Alligator Linked Collar
from left to right: crop top; black bodice and loose top all from Miss Selfridge; the white shirt - Stradivarius; the structured shirt, white teesh and striped top all from Miss Selfridge; Jeans Bralet and Jersey minis from Topshop.
Sorry I've been such a bad blogger! I was busy with both my incessant urge to refurbish my bedroom and the sudden realisation that i was way back on studying. But I'm back, with a few ideas up my sleeve; blog-related of course! Now, back to business.
Spring's here and with that the chance to start a new leaf. I keep wanting to start a new leaf constantly- whether it has to do with my blog, with interior decorating, with shopping, spending, studying and what-not. Tiring? Yes. Sometimes it may seem I'm constantly demotivating myself but nevertheless it's refreshing and exactly what I need to keep me going.
Spring cleaning your wardrobe brings about a load of baggage. I find a dress I wore a year ago reeking of memories... a pair of jeans a size too-big wishing I'd never bought it, a top I can't believe happened to be such a wardrobe staple and so many other "necessities" I don't have the guts to throw away. So this is how it should go:
We've all heard of the "Pile Selection" - putting stuff into the pile deciding its fate - "keeping", "giving away", "throwing away". That never really worked for me. I find this method to be much better.
- Choose a rail from your wardrobe, preferably a higher one.
- Any piece of clothing you haven't worn in 3 weeks should be put there - on that rail. Obviously, excluding clothing for the upcoming season - i.e. spring.
- Clothes which you haven't worn in the past year should be given away.
- Take out clothing you stacked away for the warmer months - brighter colours & skimpy dresses here we come!
- Remove any pieces you don't think you'll wear - you want to make space for the new!
- See what basics are needed - black camis, jeans shorts, a white teesh and so on.
- ► 2012 (117)
- ▼ 2011 (81)
Welcome to my fashion & personal style blog.
This is my place to vent about anything fashion-related. Sometimes exuding a style-tip or two, other times I simply jot random fashion thoughts, aka my personal fashosophy.
Coined the term ' fashosophy', and quirky elegance is my thing.
One man's style must not be the rule of another's
- Jane Austen